Thursday, April 12, 2012

"The Unsinkable Ship"

I was awoken by the pounding on the door, My Father talked to the man at the door with a worried voice he looked at my mother with disbelieving eyes. "The Titanic's been hit" he said. He had said it so quietly i had to strain to hear, but mother had heard she said "How..How could this be?" They had told us the ship was unsinkable..and as a child I couldn't understand why everyone seemed so worried. Mother rushed me out of the room and towards the deck when we got there Mother and I were put into boats along with other women and children but Father.. Where was Father? I asked Mother and she said that Father couldn't come with us and then we were in the water..and I never saw Father again. Mother forgave Captain Smith and the Captain of the other boat.. But I.. I never forgave them. How could I forgive a Captain that kept going even though he'd been warned several times?.. Just to save his own job. I never forgave the Captain of the boat nineteen miles away for ignoring the distress signals that could of saved the lives of many more people..possibly even father.. I still don't see how Mother could forgive those people for the terrible things they had done..because of them she lost her husband and I lost my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment